In Reflow products represent all items, digital downloads and any other goods that your store offers. They are highly customizable - you can upload images or other media, set metadata such as categories and description, add variants, and more.
# Creating Products
To add products to your store from the admin panel, go to the Products page and click the Add Product button. This will take you to the product configuration screen where you can set up the new product before saving.
# Product options
The product editor page includes customization options that determine how your product will be displayed as well as functional settings for things like prices and stock. All fields except the ones marked as
required are optional.
# Main Settings
- Name -
requiredThe name of your product. This will be shown in all product pages as well as in the shopping cart.
- Description - The detailed description which will be shown in the product screen. Use the editor to add text, images and videos that highlight the features of your product.
- Excerpt - The excerpt is a short version of the description that is used in product listings. If not set, the first 120 characters of the description will be used.
- Gallery - A collection of images and videos. You can reorder them any way you like but make sure the best picture is placed first - it will be used as the product's main image and thumbnail.
- Price -
requiredThe selling price of the product. The currency is determined by your store settings.
- Product on Sale - Display the product with a discounted price and "Sale" badge. When enabled, shows the following settings:
- Original Price - The cost of the product when not on sale. This price will be shown crossed out next to the current price.
- Sale Badge Text - The text of the badge indicating that the product is on sale, e.g. "Sale" or "10% OFF!". Leave empty to hide the badge.
- Show In Store - This gives you the option to temporarily show or hide а product from the store.
- Minimum Buy Quantity - When the product is in their cart, customers will need to buy at least this amount of the product in order to complete the checkout.
- Maximum Buy Quantity - Customers will not be able to buy more than the specified amount from this product in a single order.
- Weight - The shipping weight for the product. The measurement units are determined by your store settings.
Select which categories this product belongs to (categories documentation).
- Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) - An identifier to help you keep track of your product's inventory. The SKU will be included in order summaries.
In this section you can also select the Inventory System. This setting gives you the option to choose between simple and advanced product inventory, changing the way stock is tracked for this product.
Simple Inventory - Use this mode when you have unlimited or undetermined number of items of this product. If enabled, you will see a switch for setting the product in or out of stock.
Advanced Inventory - Use this mode when you wish Reflow to track the available units of this product. Customer purchases will decrease the number of remaining stock, and purchases exceeding availability will be prevented. When the quantity reaches 0, the product is considered out of stock.
When the advanced mode is enabled, the following options are available:
- Quantity - This is where you enter how many units of this product you have for sale.
- Show quantity in product page - When enabled, customers will see exactly how many items remain in stock while viewing the product in your shop.
If your product has Variants configured, the Inventory System setting will determine whether you see a
In Stock switch or a
Quantity input when editing your variants.
There are a few useful options related to inventory management in Store Settings:
- Auto update product stock - Prevents Reflow from automatically reducing product stock after a purchase.
- Hide sold out products - Control whether or not to show out of stock products in your shop.
If the product has different options like size or color, you can add them here (variants documentation).
Add extra offerings to the product such as engraving and gift wrapping. (personalization docs).
# Search & Filter
- Custom Sort - A number (0 by default) which you can use to make products show before others in the product list. Use in combination with the
custom_descordering attributes in Product List.
# Duplicating Products
Products have a lot of customization options available. If your store sells a lot of similar items, the quickest way to configure all of them is using the duplicate feature.
- Create your first product, configure all the options you will need and hit Save.
- From the products page click on the product's action menu and select the Duplicate option. This will create a copy of the original product, keeping all of the settings.
- Edit the copied product, changing what's necessary (the name, images, SKU) while keeping all shared settings untouched. For example categories and prices are often the same for multiple products.
- When you are happy with the duplicated item's settings, turn on the Show in Store option and save.
# Deleting Products
If you wish to no longer sell a product, you can delete it from the Products overview page or by editing it and clicking the Delete Product button. The product will not be available for purchase and will not be shown in your store website.
# Restoring Products
Deleted products will be kept for 30 days after which they will be permanently deleted. If you wish to restore the product before the 30 days or you've deleted a product by mistake, you can do that from the Deleted Products page by clicking the See Trashed button.
# Tracking Product Inventory
The inventory page gives you a preview of the current stock for all products and their variants. You can open it by clicking the green Inventory button.
For products with simple inventory only the In stock column is displayed.
Products with advanced inventory enabled will also have two additional columns:
- Stock quantity - The number of items currently left in stock.
- In customer checkout - The number of items being purchased by customers that are currently in the process of payment. These are reserved for a set time, in order to prevent multiple customers from paying for the same item, without there being enough stock for both of them.